The Montgomery County Green Bank helps homeowners save energy and money.
The Montgomery County Green Bank’s goal is to make clean energy and energy efficiency more accessible and affordable for homeowners and businesses throughout Montgomery County. We are currently developing a program tailored for Montgomery County homeowners who are ready to make clean energy improvements. Stay updated and sign-up for our newsletter.
In the meantime, there is a lot you can do to save energy and money right away and prepare for that big energy-saving project. Here are some resources to get you started – and we’re here to help, so if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Start with Energy Efficiency
Save energy and money by using energy more efficiently. Doing energy efficiency helps reduce your footprint and makes it easier to get to 100% clean energy.
- Learn how to save energy and ways to get started at the Montgomery County Energy Efficiency or the SmarterHouse resource.
- Find Maryland EmPOWER rebates and incentives to help you save money on new efficient products and appliances. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development also provides energy efficiency programs for income-eligible residents and the BeSMART Home Loan Program for energy efficiency upgrades for any homeowner, among other home upgrade options.
- Assess your energy use at U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR to see how your energy use compares to others and how to improve your energy performance.
Shine Bright with Solar Energy
Use the sun’s clean energy to power your home. An investment in renewable energy further reduces your carbon footprint and can lower your energy bills too.
- Learn about the different ways to benefit from solar power from a short guide (June 2018) by the Solar Energy Industry Association (SEIA) and a more comprehensive guide, A Maryland Consumer’s Guide to Going Solar by the Maryland Administration (January 2018).
- Check out this nifty breakdown of solar financing options from our friends at the Connecticut Green Bank, or see the Homeowners Guide to Financing a Solar Electric System from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Ready to get started? Plan your project to qualify for the Maryland Clean Energy Grant Program applicable to eligible completed projects or check out the Maryland Home Energy Loan Program (MHELP) for one financing option.
Advantages of using Geothermal energy
Use the Earth’s natural energy to help power your home. An investment in renewable energy such as Geothermal technology may reduce your carbon footprint, lower your energy bills and possibly increase the value of your home.
Learn how to save energy and ways to get started with Geothermal with this Montgomery County Energy Renewable guide.
Additionally, as an added benefit learn how Geothermal may increase the value of home.