With CLEER, property or business owners have a solution to move forward with a full scope of proposed energy savings work and go beyond the part supported by utility incentives.
Eligible Measures approved by Pepco under its Commercial and Industrial (“C&I”) energy savings program, PLUS several other qualifying energy-related improvements including: energy storage, photovoltaic (PV), or HVAC natural gas, must comprise at least 70% of the cost of improvements being financed.
Additional improvements to the property that are related to the above improvements (such as water conservation, roofing improvements to support solar PV installation, insulation, and painting of the area where the energy improvements were installed) are allowed and may account for up to 30% of the cost of improvements financed.
The eligible measures include:
- Stand-alone solar PV projects
- Pepco’s Eligible Measures (links to Technical Sheets blow)*:
Combined Heat and Power*
Full Building Tune-Up
Lighting Fixtures and Controls
LED Sign Lighting
Miscellaneous Energy Efficient Equipment
Operations and Maintenance Training
Packaged HVAC Units
Variable Frequency Drives
*Montgomery County Green Bank financing can also cover energy storage and/or HVAC natural gas measures when done in conjunction with at least one Pepco measure from above.
- All energy efficiency scopes of work must contain at least one Pepco Eligible Measure.
- Stand-alone solar PV projects are allowed.
- Project’s energy savings estimates should be at least 15% from current conditions.
- At least 70% of CLEER loan proceeds must be used for Eligible Measures.
- Up to 30% of CLEER loan proceeds may be used for non-Eligible Measure improvements!