Commercial Loan for Energy Efficiency and Renewables (CLEER) Financing Program
CLEER provides loans tailored for commercial/industrial property owners, nonprofits, and common ownership communities seeking to complete a clean energy or energy efficiency project. Benefits of using CLEER Financing include:
- 100% financing – no-out-of-pockets
No additional debt on property (based on credit)
- Minimum of $15,000 dollars
- Loan terms up to 12 years to help match energy
cost savings to loan payments
- Covers: Eligible Measures approved by Pepco under its Commercial and Industrial (“C&I”) energy savings program, PLUS several other qualifying energy-related improvements including: energy storage, photovoltaic (PV), or HVAC natural gas, must comprise at least 70% of the cost of improvements being financed.
Additional improvements to the property that are related to the above improvements (such as water conservation, roofing improvements to support solar PV installation, insulation, and painting of the area where the energy improvements were installed) are allowed and may account for up to 30% of the cost of improvements financed.
- 30% of loan can cover non-energy efficiency
improvements (e.g., water conservation, EV
- 50% of utility rebates that get paid after
installation can be included in the loan
- Access to pre-vetted participating contractors
- Access to pre-selected lenders committed to your successful clean energy project
See the CLEER Brochure to learn more.
A few basic requirements:
- Properties must be in the Pepco service territory of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Project must include eligible measures
- Project must use a participating contractor