Energy Efficiency: Homeowners can make any energy efficiency improvements and upgrades for which a utility incentive is provided under the EmPOWER Maryland program, including:
- Air leakage reduction, insulation, duct sealing
- Electric Heating, Cooling or Hot Water
- Gas Heating and Hot Water
- Any compliance-based health and safety measures that are required for utility rebate or incentive eligibility, such as health air exchanges.
- For a full list of possible improvements, assessments, equipment, or programs, visit: Pepco’s Home Energy Savings Program, BG&E’s Smart Energy Program, or First Potomac’s Home Energy Savings Program.
Renewable Energy: Homeowners can also do renewable energy projects that include:
- Solar PV
- Energy Storage
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations