CLEER Program Eligible Improvements
With CLEER, property or business owners have a solution to move forward with a full scope of proposed energy savings work and go beyond the part supported by utility incentives.
The eligible measures include a) all of those offered through Pepco’s Energy Savings for Business Program for Montgomery County, MD and b) ADDs Solar PV, energy storage, and HVAC (gas) measures. PLUS: CLEER allows you to use 30% to your loan amount to finance improvements not included in these Eligible Measures that are related to the Eligible Measures.
CLEER permits the financing of the following Eligible Measures:
- Stand-alone solar PV projects
- Pepco’s Eligible Measures (links to Technical Sheets blow):
Combined Heat and Power
Full Building Tune-Up
Lighting Fixtures and Controls
LED Sign Lighting
Miscellaneous Energy Efficient Equipment
Operations and Maintenance Training
Packaged HVAC Units
Variable Frequency Drives
3. Additional Montgomery County Green Bank Eligible Measures when done in conjunction with at least one Pepco measure from above:
- Energy Storage
- HVAC (gas)
Helpful Hints: Remember that:
- All energy efficiency scopes of work must contain at least one Pepco Eligible Measure.
- Stand-alone solar PV projects allowed.
- You or your contractor will estimate your project’s energy savings, which should be at least 15% from current conditions.
- At least 70% of CLEER loan proceeds must be used for the above-listed Eligible Measures
- Up to 30% of CLEER loan proceeds may be used for non-Eligible Measure improvements!