About the Commercial Loan for Energy Efficiency and Renewables (CLEER) Financing Program
CLEER provides loans tailored for commercial/industrial property owners, nonprofits, and common ownership communities seeking to complete a clean energy or energy efficiency project. Benefits of using CLEER Financing include:
- 100% financing for energy efficiency and/or solar PV projects
- Longer loan terms of up to 12 years (to make loan payments less than or equal to energy cost savings)
- Loan amounts from $10,000 to $250,000, 30% of which can go toward non-energy related project costs
- No lien on property (based on credit)
- Competitive rates
- Access to pre-vetted authorized contractors
- Access to pre-selected lenders committed to your successful clean energy project
See the CLEER Brochure to learn more.
A few basic requirements:
- Properties must be in the Pepco service territory of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Project must include eligible measures
- Project must use an authorized contractor
Learn the details, terms, and requirements in the CLEER Program Handbook.
How to get started
Interested in upgrading to the latest efficient appliances, or taking care of that HVAC system before it breaks down? Ready to join the solar movement? Here’s how to get started:
- Choose an Authorized Contractor. They will help establish your scope of work and determine its eligibility for CLEER Financing. Choose one of our authorized contractors, who have been vetted and trained by Montgomery County Green Bank.
- Reach out to our Participating Lenders. Contact Josh and Horacio (see below) and tell them you are interested in CLEER Financing. They will ask you to share your scope of work and fill out an application. Upon approval, they will share the loan terms available for your project. Once you select your lender, they will guide you through the application and approval process from that point on.
Ascentium Capital LLC
Contact: Josh Patton, Vice President of Sales
Contact: Horacio Chacon, Senior Vice President of Commercial Banking
- Complete your project with your contractor and lender team! And know you are enjoying the benefits of a coordinated effort to make your project seamlessly successful.